- Easy online request process for 2 year certificates.
- Installs into Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Allows access to GSA eOffer/eMod, DDTC Dtrade, and other government sites that accept ACES certificates.
- An ACES certificate pair is used for:
- Identity Certificate: accessing websites and digitally signing emails.
- Encryption Certificate: exchanging encrypted emails.
An ACES Representative Identity Certificate is used by a person to authenticate to a PKI-enabled application, such as a secure web site. Identity certificates may be used for non-repudiation purposes, i.e., transactions that have been signed by an identity certificate may be legally linked to the owner of that certificate. The certificate may also be used for secure and authenticated email.
An ACES Representative Encryption Certificate may be used for encrypting e-mail. When encrypting e-mail messages, the sender uses the certificate of the recipient(s), and the recipient decrypts the message using his or her private key. An encryption certificate cannot be issued for an individual without issuing a identity certificate for that individual first.